If you’re looking for an authentic vegan Asian dish, this Pad Thai noodle recipe is your best bet. The flavors and textures blend together to create a perfect savory explosion for your taste buds. Want to expand your Asian cuisine pallet? Try our Chinese Style Tempeh!
- 7 oz thin rice noodles (or 200 grams)
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Packs of tofu (or 10 oz)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¼ Purple cabbage, cut into strips
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1½ Cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 Scallions
- 1½ oz shelled peanuts (or ½ cup)
- Soak rice noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and transfer to a bowl
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger and sugar or date syrup
- Cut tofu into cubes and marinate in the soy sauce mixture for 3 minutes
- Remove the tofu from the marinade, and pour the rest of the marinade onto the noodles. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, and stir-fry the tofu cubes over high heat for 5 minutes until they turn golden brown. Transfer to the bowl with the noodles.
- Stir-fry the vegetables over high heat without oil for 3 minutes. Lower the heat, add mung bean sprouts, stir, and combine the mixture to the noodles and tofu.
- Chop the scallions, break the peanuts into halves, and sprinkle them onto each serving.
- Bean thread noodles or wheat noodles may be used instead of rice noodles, or alternatively, the dish may be served on a bed of rice (preferably brown).
Keywords: Pad Thai, Tofu, Asian, Plant-Based
More like this:
This recipe will easily become an all time favorite in everyone’s collection of recipes.
Who said lasagna couldn’t be vegan? With all the yummy flavors, veggies and lentils fill this tasty dish, along with a creamy French style Bechamel sauce that make it a dinner to die for.