If you’re looking for an authentic vegan Asian dish, this Pad Thai noodle recipe is your best bet. The flavors and textures blend together to create a perfect savory explosion for your taste buds. Want to expand your Asian cuisine pallet? Try our Chinese Style Tempeh!
- 7 oz thin rice noodles (or 200 grams)
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Packs of tofu (or 10 oz)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¼ Purple cabbage, cut into strips
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1½ Cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 Scallions
- 1½ oz shelled peanuts (or ½ cup)
- Soak rice noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and transfer to a bowl
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger and sugar or date syrup
- Cut tofu into cubes and marinate in the soy sauce mixture for 3 minutes
- Remove the tofu from the marinade, and pour the rest of the marinade onto the noodles. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, and stir-fry the tofu cubes over high heat for 5 minutes until they turn golden brown. Transfer to the bowl with the noodles.
- Stir-fry the vegetables over high heat without oil for 3 minutes. Lower the heat, add mung bean sprouts, stir, and combine the mixture to the noodles and tofu.
- Chop the scallions, break the peanuts into halves, and sprinkle them onto each serving.
- Bean thread noodles or wheat noodles may be used instead of rice noodles, or alternatively, the dish may be served on a bed of rice (preferably brown).
Keywords: Pad Thai, Tofu, Asian, Plant-Based
More like this:
A great combination of taste, health and beauty: Swiss chard and peach salad!
Looking for a classic comfort food made vegan? Search no further!