Chinese Style Tempeh
Our Chinese Style Tempeh is probably the most satisfying dish you will ever cross paths with. Served with rice and crisp, fresh vegetables, you can’t go wrong with this plate anytime. Looking for another Asian style dish to try? Don’t miss out of our Asian Tempeh Marinade, and of course don’t forget to sign up for the Plant Based Challenge!
- 1 package Tempeh (or 8oz)
- 1.5 cups rice
- 2 bok choy
- 6 oz snow peas
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp grated ginger
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Thai chili pepper (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions. Chop bok choy into 1″ pieces, separating whites from greens. Slice scallions. Slice tempeh into 12 strips.
- Combine vegan broth, light soy, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Add chili peppers if desired. Wisk. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine hoisin sauce with 1 Tbsp water to create glaze.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute tempeh in 2 Tbsp vegetable oil until browned, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and coat with hoisin glaze in bowl, set aside.
- Return skillet to medium high heat, stirfry baby bok choy whites for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and continue to stirfry for 5 minutes. Add bok choy greens, stirfry for another 2 minutes. Wisk stirfry sauce again. Push greens to sides of skillet then stir in stirfry sauce until it bubbles and thickens, approximately 1 minute. Coat greens with sauce.
- Serve greens over rice. Place hoisin glazed tempeh strips on greens and drizzle any remaining glaze over them. Sprinkle with scallions.
Keywords: tempeh, Chinesse
More like this:
You can’t go wrong with this delicious mix of strong Asian flavors that marinate the tempah ever so perfectly.
This sweet and refreshing smoothie bowl will make you feel amazing, and not to mention healthy by adding so much nutritious fruit, and filling chia seeds to your diet.