This fluffy and fruity cake will quickly prove itself to be absolutely exquisite. This delicious delicacy can be served for dessert with whipped cream, breakfast with fresh berries and yogurt and as a midday (or midnight) snack! Love this recipe? Don’t miss out on our devine Apple Cake!
- 1 1/4 cups (or 320g)
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cups White Sugar (or 300g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cups any Non-dairy milk (or 360ml)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or 120ml)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray 8 inch (20cm) cake pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt. Then add the non-dairy milk, olive oil, vinegar, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest. Whisk with a hand whisk briefly until nicely combined and no big lumps remain. Don’t overmix, tiny lumps are okay.
- Place the batter into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- You can also use Lemon Zest for decoration
- You can switch the extra virgin olive oil for canola oil or other vegetable oil if you prefer. Any vegetable oil will work great here.
- 2 Tbsp of lemon zest is from about 2 lemons, but it does depend on the size of the lemons, if it’s a large lemon you might get 2 Tbsp worth of zest from 1 lemon.
- This cake recipe can also be made in 9-inch (20cm) cake pan with no other changes. The layers will be slightly thinner, but still perfect! The cooking time will be the same.
More like this:
This classic comfort food is absolutely ten times better now that it’s vegan! This dish will have you making it a staple meal for lunch and dinner, and even adding your own twist of different veggies and spices
Serve this tempting Apple Cake fresh out of the oven with a large scoop of your favorite ice cream for a twist on the classic serving of apple crumble with soft serve vanilla ice cream.