Vegan Stuffed Peppers
A vibrant centerpiece, these stuffed bell peppers are the belle of the ball at dinner parties – get ready to receive lots of compliments! Colorful, hearty, and delicious, this recipe really lets you get creative. What’s your favorite plant-based cheese, or meat replacement? You could use these to customize your stuffed peppers to really showcase the versatility of vegan food.
- 6 bell peppers, tops removed
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¾ cup rice
- Oil for frying
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the sauce:
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp “chicken flavored” broth/stock powder (with no animal ingredients)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Chop the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the rice, stir for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Blend the tomatoes in a food processor, and add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and paprika, and stir.
- Add this mixture to the rice.
- Make the tomato sauce: mix together the water, stock powder, tomato paste, cumin, and paprika.
- With a spoon, fill each pepper with the rice and tomato mixture, up to about two-thirds full.
- Place the peppers vertically in a saucepan or deep frying pan, and pour the sauce over them, so most of the peppers are covered.
- Cover and allow to simmer for an hour.
- Serve hot or cold.
Try our weekly plant-based meal plan for more delicious dishes!
Keywords: main dish, stuffed peppers, veggies, rice
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.