Vegan French Toast
This vegan French Toast recipe will easily become an all-time favorite Sunday breakfast in your household! Incredibly delicious and with so many ways to mix up the toppings and batter, you’ll never get bored of the delightful variations you can make. In order to jazz up the toppings, try powdered sugar, date syrup, vegan whipped cream, or a generous drizzle of melted chocolate.
You’re definitely going to enjoy this heavenly sweet treat that is guaranteed to transform your breakfast or brunch into a special occasion. Serve it with a foamy plant-based cappuccino or a glass of orange juice for a delectable morning.
Want more vegan recipes and advice? Sign up for our Plant-Based Challenge today!
- 1 cup vegan milk (or 240 g), preferably almond or rice
- 2 tbsp tahini (or almond or cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 or 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil
- 4 thick slices of crusty bread
- Blend all the ingredients (except for the coconut oil and bread) together in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and dunk your slices of bread into the mixture, letting them sit for 1-2 minutes on each side to absorb the liquid.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Remove the bread from the liquid, shaking off any excess, then place the bread in the pan, letting it cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with berries, coconut yogurt, and maple syrup.
- Thick crusty bread or stale bread work best to make this recipe.
- Use a non-stick pan to get the best results.
- Cook the toast on medium heat, so it doesn’t burn. And don’t peek! Let it cook for a good 3 minutes on the first side before having a look.
Keywords: breakfast, French toast, sweet, dessert, easy, quick, 30 minutes or less, egg alternative
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.