Vegan french toast
This recipe will easily become an all time favorite in everyone’s collection of recipes. Delicious on any day of the week and with so many ways to mix up the toppings and batter, you will never get bored. Want more vegan recipes and advice? Sign up for our Plant Based Challenge today!
- 1 cup vegan milk (preferably almond or rice)
- 2 tbsp tahini (can sub almond butter or cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1–2 tbsp neutral tasting oil
- 4 slices thick crusty bread
- Blend all the ingredients except the coconut oil and bread together in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl and dunk your slices of bread into the mixture, letting sit for 1-2 minutes on each side to absorb the liquid.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat
- Remove the bread from the liquid, shaking off any excess liquid then place the bread in the pan, letting cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with berries, coconut yogurt and maple syrup.
- Thick crusty bread or stale bread work best to make this recipe.
- Use a non-stick pan to make this french toast to prevent the toast from sticking.
- Cook the toast on medium heat rather than high heat so it doesn’t burn, and don’t peek! Let it cook for a good 3 minutes on the first side before checking it.
More like this:
Get ready for a taste of heaven with this chocolatey goodness with a divine peanut butter and maple frosting. Anyone would ditch a peanut butter cup for a slice of this cake.
This protein filled meal is so simple and easy to make, you’ll want to serve it all the time! Pack the kebabs for lunch or make them for your next backyard barbeque.
Our Chinesse Style Tempeh is probably the most satisfying dish you will ever cross paths with. Served with rice and crisp, fresh vegetables, you can’t go wrong with this plate anytime.