Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
A classic and exciting breakfast made even better by transforming it to be completely vegan! These light and crispy vegan chocolate chip pancakes will become the most favored morning dish in the entire household. The recipe uses ingredients that you’ll definitely already have in the cupboard, so there’s no searching in your local store for goji berries this time – we’re keeping it nice and simple.
Drizzling some lovely and sweet maple syrup over the pancakes is absolutely divine. You can also use agave nectar, date syrup, powdered sugar, or any other vegan alternative to honey. What are your favorite toppings? Let us know in the Challenge 22 group!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 120 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1⅓ cup soy milk, or other plant-based milk (or 360 g)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or 80 g)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Oil spray for frying
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Lightly oil a nonstick frying pan, and place on medium heat. Using a ladle, place the batter on the hot pan, and cook until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and serve warm with cranberry jam, or maple syrup.
You can replace the chocolate chips with blueberries or cranberries for a fruity treat.
Keywords: breakfast, pancakes, vegan, chocolate, dessert, easy, quick, 30 minutes or less
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.