Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
A classic and exciting breakfast made even better by transforming it to be completely vegan! These light and crispy vegan chocolate chip pancakes will become the most favored morning dish in the entire household. The recipe uses ingredients that you’ll definitely already have in the cupboard, so there’s no searching in your local store for goji berries this time – we’re keeping it nice and simple.
Drizzling some lovely and sweet maple syrup over the pancakes is absolutely divine. You can also use agave nectar, date syrup, powdered sugar, or any other vegan alternative to honey. What are your favorite toppings? Let us know in the Challenge 22 group!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 120 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1⅓ cup soy milk, or other plant-based milk (or 360 g)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or 80 g)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Oil spray for frying
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Lightly oil a nonstick frying pan, and place on medium heat. Using a ladle, place the batter on the hot pan, and cook until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and serve warm with cranberry jam, or maple syrup.
You can replace the chocolate chips with blueberries or cranberries for a fruity treat.
Keywords: breakfast, pancakes, vegan, chocolate, dessert, easy, quick, 30 minutes or less
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A simple, gorgeous sushi bowl with teriyaki tofu to make weeknight dinners quick and easy! It won’t take you long to put together this nourishing, colorful plant-based meal!
Looking to give vegetables center-stage at your dinner table? This is a great example of how to elevate a simple veggie with a few ingredients, promoting it from a side dish to a juicy, delicious show-stopper.
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!