Vegan Chickpea ‘Tuna’
This completely fish-free chickpea ‘tuna’ salad sandwich is one of our favorite quick and easy vegan lunches! It’s also delicious served on top of a baked potato, or even with pasta, tacos, Buddha bowls, or anywhere else you crave that ocean taste! The real question is: ‘tuna’ on vegan pizza, yay or nay??
Our version of ‘tuna’ really is good for you, with the plant-based protein, fiber and minerals found in chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), and seaweed!
- 300g canned chickpeas
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 scallions/spring onions
- About 10 pickled gerkins
- 2 tablespoons tahini (or hummus)
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon dried seaweed mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water
- A squeeze of lemon juice / juice from a jar of pickles (Add gradually to see how tart you prefer it!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork and then add all the other ingredients, finely chopped.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to combine, if you have time. If not, skip this step and enjoy it straight away!
We used dried wakame seaweed for that fish-friendly, fishy taste. Nori (sushi) seaweed may be easier to find where you are, and this will work wonderfully too!
Keywords: fish-free , vegan seafood , easy , quick
More like this:
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!
Home made vegan soft serve ice-cream with no bananas, no cashews and no coconut cream. And it’s a beautiful, trending Barbie pink! Use just 3 simple ingredients to get creamy, smooth raspberry ice-cream that’s dairy-free, affordable, and totally vegan!