Tofu and Seitan Kebabs
This protein filled meal is so simple and easy to make, you’ll want to serve it all the time! Pack the kebabs for lunch or make them for your next backyard barbecue. Let us know on the Challenge 22 Facebook group what you think!
- 1 package Firm tofu cut into cubes
- 400 grams of seitan cut into cubes (or 14oz)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple saucemolassesbrown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil and minced garlic.
- Add the tofu and seitan and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 60 to 90 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the marinade into a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer until it thickens.
- Thread the cubes of tofu and seitan onto skewers.
For the BBQ:
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Lightly brush the skewers with oil (do not use too much oil since it can burn on the BBQ and becoming toxic).
- Grill the skewers for 3 minutes on each side and brush with the marinade.
- Garnish with green onions and add the remaining sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F (200 ̊C)
- Place the skewers in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the skewers and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking.
Serve garnished with green onions and add the remaining sauce.
Keywords: plant-based, vegan, kebabs, Tofu, seitan
More like this:
You can’t go wrong with this delicious mix of strong Asian flavors that marinate the tempah ever so perfectly.
This sweet and refreshing smoothie bowl will make you feel amazing, and not to mention healthy by adding so much nutritious fruit, and filling chia seeds to your diet.