Tofu and Seitan Kebabs
- 1 package Firm tofu cut into cubes
- 400 grams of seitan cut into cubes (or 14oz)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple saucemolassesbrown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil and minced garlic.
- Add the tofu and seitan and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 60 to 90 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the marinade into a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer until it thickens.
- Thread the cubes of tofu and seitan onto skewers.
For the BBQ:
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Lightly brush the skewers with oil (do not use too much oil since it can burn on the BBQ and becoming toxic).
- Grill the skewers for 3 minutes on each side and brush with the marinade.
- Garnish with green onions and add the remaining sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F (200 ̊C)
- Place the skewers in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the skewers and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking.
Serve garnished with green onions and add the remaining sauce.
Keywords: plant-based, vegan, kebabs, Tofu, seitan
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…