The Heavenly Chocolate Cake
Get ready for a taste of heaven with this scrumptious chocolatey goodness with a divine peanut butter and maple frosting. Anyone would ditch a peanut butter cup for a slice of this cake. Not a fan of peanut butter? Taste our classic Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting and let us know what you think in the comments of our Challenge 22 page!
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- ⅔ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Add the water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until mixture is uniform and smooth.
- Pour into a greased round baking pan and bake in the oven at medium heat (around 300°F/150°C) for about 40 minutes.
- Mix the frosting ingredients until smooth and uniform, and spread onto the cake after baking.
- After the cake has cooled, we recommend using a vegetable peeler to grate bittersweet chocolate over the top.
- For an even more chocolaty cake add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
- To make a coffee cake, replace the cocoa powder with instant coffee powder.
- For muffins, use half the batter for a pan of 8 muffins, and bake for 20 minutes.
Keywords: cake, Chocolate, vegan
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…