The Heavenly Chocolate Cake
Get ready for a taste of heaven with this scrumptious chocolatey goodness with a divine peanut butter and maple frosting. Anyone would ditch a peanut butter cup for a slice of this cake. Not a fan of peanut butter? Taste our classic Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting and let us know what you think in the comments of our Challenge 22 page!
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- ⅔ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Add the water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until mixture is uniform and smooth.
- Pour into a greased round baking pan and bake in the oven at medium heat (around 300°F/150°C) for about 40 minutes.
- Mix the frosting ingredients until smooth and uniform, and spread onto the cake after baking.
- After the cake has cooled, we recommend using a vegetable peeler to grate bittersweet chocolate over the top.
- For an even more chocolaty cake add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
- To make a coffee cake, replace the cocoa powder with instant coffee powder.
- For muffins, use half the batter for a pan of 8 muffins, and bake for 20 minutes.
Keywords: cake, Chocolate, vegan
More like this:
You can’t go wrong with this delicious mix of strong Asian flavors that marinate the tempah ever so perfectly.
This sweet and refreshing smoothie bowl will make you feel amazing, and not to mention healthy by adding so much nutritious fruit, and filling chia seeds to your diet.