Are you looking for an easy, nutritious breakfast? Try this tahini oatmeal, our most popular recipe this month! You can also make this oatmeal or porridge with peanut butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter you like!
This breakfast (or snack at any time of day!) is full of natural, nourishing ingredients and goodness to keep you full and satisfied until lunch. This makes one serving, but can easily be to adjusted to make larger servings.
To make these as overnight oats, simply add the ingredients to a jar or bowl in the refrigerator the night before. Leave the sliced apple, tahini and syrup to add fresh in the morning when serving. After a good night’s sleep, jump out of bed and enjoy an instant, nutritious vegan breakfast that’s full of goodness!
- 130ml (½ cup) water
- 130ml (½ cup) soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 1 apple (cut into small pieces)
- 50g (1.7 oz.) oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tsp tahini (or almond butter, peanut butter, or another nut butter!)
- Date syrup (or other syrup like maple or agave), to serve
- Optional: fresh red fruits, compote or jelly, and desiccated coconut, to serve
- Put the apple and oats into the mix of water and soy milk and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture gets thick and the apples are soft.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle cinnamon and ground flaxseed on top.
- Drizzle with your tahini or other nut butter, and finish off with date syrup and any other toppings. Serve warm!
You can also make this using a microwave, if you don’t mind your apples retaining a bit of crunch or serve them fresh after cooking. Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Keywords: breakfast, oats, low cholesterol, tahini, nut butter
More like this:
A simple, gorgeous sushi bowl with teriyaki tofu to make weeknight dinners quick and easy! It won’t take you long to put together this nourishing, colorful plant-based meal!
Looking to give vegetables center-stage at your dinner table? This is a great example of how to elevate a simple veggie with a few ingredients, promoting it from a side dish to a juicy, delicious show-stopper.
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!