A surprisingly simple and delicious recipe for Spring Tabbouleh Salad which will do good for the stomach. The parsley and mint in our recipe add freshness and color, as well as lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making this recipe a real celebration of health!
- 1½ cups of bulgur
- 2 cups of hot or boiling water
- A bunch of parsley
- Half a bunch of mint
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 spring onions (scallions)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Soak the bulgur in a bowl of hot water, covered with a towel, for about 15 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Chop the parsley, mint, tomato and spring onion, and add to the bowl.
- Season with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, stir and serve.
- The tomatoes can be replaced with pomegranate seeds for an interesting twist. The spring onions can also be substituted with chives.
- Try adding a finely chopped cucumber.
- The bulgur can be replaced with quinoa or boiled millet, sprouted wheat (wheat seeds which have been soaked in water overnight), or thinly grated cauliflower.
- Salads are amazing! You can also make a bowl of quinoa and tofu salad
- Try our weekly plant based meal plan for more tasty ideas!
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…