Swiss Chard and Peach Salad
A great combination of taste, health and beauty: Swiss chard and peach salad!
Last week I was thinking about a pear and arugula salad but I knew I didn’t have those ingredients. However, I did have lots of Swiss chard and peaches on hand. Then I thought about complementary ingredients to go into the salad and that’s how I came up with my Swiss chard and peaches salad. It tasted really good and I decided to share it with others. The peaches were juicy enough that the salad didn’t need additional salad dressing. Another benefit is that no added salt, oil, or sugar (SOS) went into the salad.
- 1 bunch of raw Swiss chard, center stems removed
- 3 fresh peaches, coarsely diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan feta cheese
- Chop the Swiss chard into bite sized pieces, add the diced peaches, cranberries, chopped nuts, and then crumble the vegan feta cheese onto the salad.
- Toss the salad gently then serve immediately.
More like this:
Looking for a classic comfort food made vegan? Search no further!
These wholesome meatless meatballs are the perfect addition to any savory meal, including pasta dishes, served with rice and veggies or even sliced and topped on pizza.