For the Bechamel sauce:
- 400g any non-dairy milk (or 14 oz)
- 20g cornstarch (or 0.7 oz)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
For the main filling:
- 270g silken tofu (or 9.5 oz)
- 90g tomato sauce (or 3 oz)
- 12g miso paste (or 0.4 oz)
- 90g bechamel sauce (from above) (or 3 oz)
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 270g cooked and thoroughly drained spinach (or 9.5 oz)
- salt (to taste)
Putting together the final Lasagne:
- Béchamel sauce
- Main filling
- 8 lasagne sheets (cooked as instructed on the packet)
- vegan cheese (if desired)
- For the béchamel sauce, place all the ingredients into a saucepan over a medium heat and stir well to combine them. Heat slowly, stirring constantly until the liquid reaches the boiling point and thickens.
- For the main filling, take the spinach and cut as finely as possible.
- Place the tofu into a large bowl and crush it using a spatula to achieve a ricotta-like consistency. Add the tomato sauce, miso paste, béchamel sauce and paprika into the bowl, and stir well to combine them.
- Add the chopped spinach into the bowl and mix well to complete the filling. Remember to taste the mixture and adjust salt if desired, as the filling is the main component of the dish.
- To compose the final lasagne, tip some of the béchamel into an oven dish, add some of the main filling, mix well and evenly spread the mixture.
- Place a layer of pasta on top of the main filling and add another layer of main filling.
- For these quantity of ingredients we used a 23 centimetres (9 inches) oven dish and we made a four layers lasagne.
- Keep alternating a layer of pasta to a layer of filling until you’ve run out of ingredients. The last layer should be a main filling one.
- To get a more appealing lasagne, add some béchamel sauce on top of the last layer, and a small quantity of vegan cheese if desired.
- Grill in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. If you don’t have a grill, preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F) and bake the lasagne for 15 minutes.
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…