Spicy Tofu Marinade
Looking for a little spice in your diet? You’ve come to the right place! This dish is the ideal balance of spicy to sweet with the chili powder mixed with molasses and other essential flavors, making this marinade absolutely mouth-watering! Want a recipe without spice next time? Try our Asian Tempeh Marinade and you won’t be disappointed.
- 300g package of tofu, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes or sliced into 1 inch sheets (can be sliced thinner but will break easily) (or 10 oz)
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, soaked at least 30 minutes before use
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses or maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything in a medium bowl by hand or blend it on high until well combined.
- Chill the marinade in your fridge for a few minutes so it can thicken
- Marinate the tofu between 2 to 24 hours (the more you’ll marinate the more taste the tofu will get)
- You can serve the tofu cubes raw in salads or use in hot dishes like Pad Thai or fried rice
- You can replace the tofu with seitan or tempeh (but don’t serve them raw)
- For a BBQ you can put the tofu slices straight onto the BBQ or put the tofu cubes on skewers and put the skewers on the BBQ
Keywords: tofu, temphe
More like this:
You can’t go wrong with this delicious mix of strong Asian flavors that marinate the tempah ever so perfectly.
This sweet and refreshing smoothie bowl will make you feel amazing, and not to mention healthy by adding so much nutritious fruit, and filling chia seeds to your diet.