- Active Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Italian
These wholesome seitan meatballs are the perfect addition to any savory meal – pasta, rice, and veggies, sliced on top of pizza, you name it! They are perfect for batch cooking and will last up to 5 days in the fridge, and 1 month in the freezer. Easy to make and extremely delicious, they are fun at parties and will make any belly happy.
For other delectable meals, check out our weekly vegan meal plan!
- 400 g minced seitan (or 14 oz) – you can use our delicious Seitan Sausage recipe
- 25 g (or 0.9 oz) cornstarch (or potato starch), mixed with 70 ml water (⅓ cups)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- a generous dash of olive oil
- 150 g breadcrumbs (or 5.3 oz)
- In a large bowl, separate the seitan mince using your hands.
- Add the spices and sunflower oil.
- Add the binder of your choice (the starch mixture), and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small, firm balls, and cover them with breadcrumbs. Fry on high heat, in a generous dash of oil, until they form a crust, then drain well.
- Serve them with our delicious Spaghetti Bolognese!
Keywords: main dish, meatballs, seitan, Italian, high in protein, 30 minutes or less
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Are you looking for an easy, nutritious breakfast? Try this tahini oatmeal! (Or make your porridge with peanut butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter you like!)
This breakfast (or snack at any time of day!) is full of natural, nourishing ingredients and goodness to keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart
A smooth and delicious, no-bake vegan chocolate tart. Made without refined sugar and with the goodness of walnuts, almonds, flaxseed, and dates, this is a healthier choice for a sweet treat!
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew with Dark Chocolate
A mouth-watering stew that will leave your home filled with fragrance and warmth. Packed with protein and fiber, nourishing and satisfying.
Add the dark chocolate in this recipe and you’ve got a classic, aromatic stew full of rich, interesting flavors that’s sure to please the tastebuds.