These wholesome seitan meatballs are the perfect addition to any savory meal – pasta, rice, and veggies, sliced on top of pizza, you name it! They are perfect for batch cooking and will last up to 5 days in the fridge, and 1 month in the freezer. Easy to make and extremely delicious, they are fun at parties and will make any belly happy.
For other delectable meals, check out our weekly vegan meal plan!
- 400 g minced seitan (or 14 oz) – you can use our delicious Seitan Sausage recipe
- 25 g (or 0.9 oz) cornstarch (or potato starch), mixed with 70 ml water (⅓ cups)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- a generous dash of olive oil
- 150 g breadcrumbs (or 5.3 oz)
- In a large bowl, separate the seitan mince using your hands.
- Add the spices and sunflower oil.
- Add the binder of your choice (the starch mixture), and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small, firm balls, and cover them with breadcrumbs. Fry on high heat, in a generous dash of oil, until they form a crust, then drain well.
Keywords: main dish, meatballs, seitan, Italian, high in protein, 30 minutes or less
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Whether you are on the lookout for an easy breakfast or a filling snack, these delicious guacamole tortillas are the perfect find.
Yes, you can still enjoy a nice omelet without breaking any eggs – this is where the versatile chickpea flour comes to the rescue.
Easy-to-make, aromatic, and filling, this basmati rice with dried fruit, pine nuts, and almonds works wonders as an addition to any festive dinner.