Refreshing Mango Fool
Refreshing Mango Fool
- Active Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: dessert, breakfast
Despite its funny name, a fool is an English dessert, traditionally made by folding pureed stewed fruit (classically gooseberries) into sweet custard. Our vegan version uses cashews and mangoes to create a refreshing dessert that’s totally flavorfool.
Trust us when we say it’s delicious, and make a double batch, so you will have it prepared when you will come back for more! You can also vary the proportion of mango to cashew cream to suit your taste.
½ cup (or 70 g) raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes, then drained
2 fresh mangoes, peeled and de-stoned – reserve a little to cut into small dice to garnish your dish
fresh lime juice, to taste
ground cardamom, to taste (optional)
- Place your cashews in a high-speed blender and blend with just enough water to get a thick cream texture.
- Blend in lime juice and cardamom, if using, to taste – you just want a hint of the flavors coming through.
- Using a spatula, scrape the cashew cream out of the blender and into your serving dishes. You don’t need to clean the blender – it’s OK for some of the cream to be blended in with the mangoes.
- Next, add your peeled mango, except for the reserved portion, to the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mango puree into your serving dishes, and swirl the mango purée and cashew cream together a little – it looks pretty! Top each dish with a few of the reserved mango dice and serve.
Try mixing things up, making a purée out of your favorite fruit – berries, cherries, pineapple, they should also work great.
Use frozen fruit for an icy dessert. You will need a more powerful food processor for that.
Have you tried our homemade Lemon Cake recipe? It’s delicious!
Keywords: mango, vegan, raw, under 15 minutes, easy, cashew, refined sugar free
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew with Dark Chocolate
A mouth-watering stew that will leave your home filled with fragrance and warmth. Packed with protein and fiber, nourishing and satisfying.
Add the dark chocolate in this recipe and you’ve got a classic, aromatic stew full of rich, interesting flavors that’s sure to please the tastebuds.
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Spicy Indian Red Cabbage
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!