Red Lentil Dal
A special recipe for a delicious, Indian-inspired red lentil stew, rich in protein and iron, and great for those who suffer from stomach pain after eating. Incredibly simple to prepare and especially recommended for curry lovers!
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 3 handfuls of chopped coriander
- Oil for frying
- Cook the lentils in a covered pot with 2 cups of boiling water for about 20 minutes, until the lentils are very soft and are starting to lose their shape.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and garlic, heat a little oil in a skillet or frying pan, and fry until golden brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, curry powder, salt and coriander, stir well and cook for about another two minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture to the lentils, and mix until combined.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
The Samosa is a dish consumed as a snack in South Asian cuisine, and especially in Indian, Nepali and Pakistani cuisine. Get a recipe for our version of Indian samosa, so you can snack as much as you like!
Spinach and Tofu Lasagna is a great take on the classic Italian lasagna dish!
Best served with a good glass of white wine.