Creamy Pasta with Tofu and Veggies
Are you prepared to be surprised? The secret for this creamy pasta with tofu and veggies is a whole head of steamed cauliflower! This recipe is perfect for those who have a hard time with their veggies.
The cauliflower is deliciously hidden in this silky pasta dish. You can mix and match your vegetables to find what you like best. Peas, bell peppers or asparagus, would all be a delicious addition to this filling meal. Enjoy!
For other amazing recipes join Challenge 22. Being vegan has never been so easy!
- 400 g (or 14 oz) dry pasta
- 1 tbsp oil (olive oil works best)
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 oz) tofu block, cut into cubes
- 4 Champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 glass unsweetened coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, steam the cauliflower until soft.
- Sauté your slices of carrot in a bit of oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and tofu, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cook your pasta according to the package, then drain.
- Add to a blender your steamed cauliflower, coconut milk, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the pasta to your plates, pour over the sauce, then pour over your carrot, tofu, and mushroom mix. Enjoy!
Keywords: pasta, creamy, tofu, veggies, cauliflower, main dish, easy
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!
Home made vegan soft serve ice-cream with no bananas, no cashews and no coconut cream. And it’s a beautiful, trending Barbie pink! Use just 3 simple ingredients to get creamy, smooth raspberry ice-cream that’s dairy-free, affordable, and totally vegan!