- Active Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
High in protein and calcium, this tofu scramble is the ideal way to start your morning. It is such an easy-to-make meal, you don’t need any fancy equipment, and it only takes 10-15 minutes to get on the table!
Tofu scramble is such a versatile dish, and you can prepare it however you like! Mix things up with your veggies of choice for a more colorful scramble. Bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, are all amazing additions to this easy nutritious breakfast. Experiment with different spices for a recipe that’s uniquely yours!
Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our yummy vegan cranberry pancakes!
- ½ block of tofu (170g or 6 oz)
- ½ an onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite spices
- A pinch of black salt (kala namak) – optional, for an extra eggy flavor
- A dash of turmeric – optional, for a beautiful yellow color
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast – optional, for an extra cheesy flavor
- Chop and fry the onion until golden, if using.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix from time to time, until all the liquid has evaporated.
Best served hot, with a fresh slice of bread.
Try our Tofu Filo Pastries for another delicious take on tofu!
Keywords: Tofu, breakfast, scramble, egg alternative, high in protein, high in calcium, under 15 minutes
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Are you looking for an easy, nutritious breakfast? Try this tahini oatmeal! (Or make your porridge with peanut butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter you like!)
This breakfast (or snack at any time of day!) is full of natural, nourishing ingredients and goodness to keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart
A smooth and delicious, no-bake vegan chocolate tart. Made without refined sugar and with the goodness of walnuts, almonds, flaxseed, and dates, this is a healthier choice for a sweet treat!
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew with Dark Chocolate
A mouth-watering stew that will leave your home filled with fragrance and warmth. Packed with protein and fiber, nourishing and satisfying.
Add the dark chocolate in this recipe and you’ve got a classic, aromatic stew full of rich, interesting flavors that’s sure to please the tastebuds.