This tofu scramble is the breakfast of champions! It has both high calcium and high protein and it’s one of the easiest breakfasts to make! Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our cranberry pancakes!
- ½ Package of tofu (Or 6 oz)
- ½ Medium onion
- ¼ Cup soy milk/water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash of turmeric (for color)
- Salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
- Chop the onion
- Mash the tofu with a fork (you can also use a grater or crumble with your hands)
- Put the tofu, soy milk, 2 tbsp olive oil and the spices in a bowl
- Mix ingredients and mash the tofu a bit more
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden
- Add the mixture from the bowl to the pan and stir while frying, until all the liquid is dissolved
- Best served hot with a slice of fresh bread.
- For extra creaminess, add ¼ cup nutritional yeast
Keywords: Tofu , breakfest , scramble
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Guacamole tortillas can be snacked on at any meal – breakfast, lunch, or dinner – whether as a starter at a festive dinner or as a side dish at an everyday meal.
A hit among vegans and is often served for breakfast in cafes. A great source of protein and iron. One chickpea omelette for breakfast will keep you satisfied for a few hours!