High in protein and calcium, this tofu scramble is the ideal way to start your morning. It is such an easy-to-make meal, you don’t need any fancy equipment, and it only takes 10-15 minutes to get on the table!
Tofu scramble is such a versatile dish, and you can prepare it however you like! Mix things up with your veggies of choice for a more colorful scramble. Bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, are all amazing additions to this easy nutritious breakfast. Experiment with different spices for a recipe that’s uniquely yours!
Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our yummy vegan cranberry pancakes!
- ½ block of tofu (170g or 6 oz)
- ½ an onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite spices
- A pinch of black salt (kala namak) – optional, for an extra eggy flavor
- A dash of turmeric – optional, for a beautiful yellow color
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast – optional, for an extra cheesy flavor
- Chop and fry the onion until golden, if using.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix from time to time, until all the liquid has evaporated.
Best served hot, with a fresh slice of bread.
Try our Tofu Filo Pastries for another delicious take on tofu!
Keywords: Tofu, breakfast, scramble, egg alternative, high in protein, high in calcium, under 15 minutes
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A simple, gorgeous sushi bowl with teriyaki tofu to make weeknight dinners quick and easy! It won’t take you long to put together this nourishing, colorful plant-based meal!
Looking to give vegetables center-stage at your dinner table? This is a great example of how to elevate a simple veggie with a few ingredients, promoting it from a side dish to a juicy, delicious show-stopper.
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!