This tofu scramble is the breakfast of champions! It has both high calcium and high protein and it’s one of the easiest breakfasts to make! Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our cranberry pancakes!
- ½ Package of tofu (Or 6 oz)
- ½ Medium onion
- ¼ Cup soy milk/water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash of turmeric (for color)
- Salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
- Chop the onion
- Mash the tofu with a fork (you can also use a grater or crumble with your hands)
- Put the tofu, soy milk, 2 tbsp olive oil and the spices in a bowl
- Mix ingredients and mash the tofu a bit more
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden
- Add the mixture from the bowl to the pan and stir while frying, until all the liquid is dissolved
- Best served hot with a slice of fresh bread.
- For extra creaminess, add ¼ cup nutritional yeast
Keywords: Tofu , breakfest , scramble
More like this:
This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Mexican chili, using unique flavors that compliment each other to perfection, pleasing the taste-buds and satisfying the stomach. You won’t want to miss out!
This alternative pesto is the easiest and most fresh spread you will ever taste. It’s guaranteed to become a favorite for old-time vegans and new Challenge 22 vegans alike!