High in protein and calcium, this tofu scramble is the ideal way to start your morning. It is such an easy-to-make meal, you don’t need any fancy equipment, and it only takes 15 minutes to put together.
Mix things up with your veggies of choice for a more colorful scramble. Bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, are all amazing additions to your breakfast. Experiment with various spices for a uniquely-yours recipe!
Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our cranberry pancakes!
- ½ tofu block (or 6 oz)
- ½ an onion
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk, or water (or 60 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- A dash of turmeric (for a beautiful color)
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite spices
- Chop the onion.
- Mash the tofu with a fork (you can also use a grater or crumble with your hands).
- Add your tofu, soy milk, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and all the spices into a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients and mash the tofu a bit more.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and fry the onion until golden.
- Add the mixture to the pan, and stir from time to time, until all the liquid has evaporated.
Best served hot, with a fresh slice of bread.
Try adding black salt (also known as Kala Namak) for an eggy flavor.
For extra creaminess, add a quarter of a cup of nutritional yeast.
Try our Tofu Filo Pastries for another delicious take on tofu!
Keywords: Tofu, breakfast, scramble, egg alternative, high in protein, high in calcium, under 15 minutes
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Whether you are on the lookout for an easy breakfast or a filling snack, these delicious guacamole tortillas are the perfect find.
Yes, you can still enjoy a nice omelet without breaking any eggs – this is where the versatile chickpea flour comes to the rescue.
Easy-to-make, aromatic, and filling, this basmati rice with dried fruit, pine nuts, and almonds works wonders as an addition to any festive dinner.