High in protein and calcium, this tofu scramble is the ideal way to start your morning. It is such an easy-to-make meal, you don’t need any fancy equipment, and it only takes 15 minutes to put together.
Mix things up with your veggies of choice for a more colorful scramble. Bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, are all amazing additions to your breakfast. Experiment with various spices for a uniquely-yours recipe!
Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our cranberry pancakes!
- ½ tofu block (or 6 oz)
- ½ an onion
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk, or water (or 60 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- A dash of turmeric (for a beautiful color)
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite spices
- Chop the onion.
- Mash the tofu with a fork (you can also use a grater or crumble with your hands).
- Add your tofu, soy milk, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and all the spices into a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients and mash the tofu a bit more.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and fry the onion until golden.
- Add the mixture to the pan, and stir from time to time, until all the liquid has evaporated.
Best served hot, with a fresh slice of bread.
Try adding black salt (also known as Kala Namak) for an eggy flavor.
For extra creaminess, add a quarter of a cup of nutritional yeast.
Try our Tofu Filo Pastries for another delicious take on tofu!
Keywords: Tofu, breakfast, scramble, egg alternative, high in protein, high in calcium, under 15 minutes
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.