This tofu scramble is the breakfast of champions! It has both high calcium and high protein and it’s one of the easiest breakfasts to make! Looking for other vegan breakfast recipes? Try our cranberry pancakes!
- ½ Package of tofu (Or 6 oz)
- ½ Medium onion
- ¼ Cup soy milk/water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash of turmeric (for color)
- Salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
- Chop the onion
- Mash the tofu with a fork (you can also use a grater or crumble with your hands)
- Put the tofu, soy milk, 2 tbsp olive oil and the spices in a bowl
- Mix ingredients and mash the tofu a bit more
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden
- Add the mixture from the bowl to the pan and stir while frying, until all the liquid is dissolved
- Best served hot with a slice of fresh bread.
- For extra creaminess, add ¼ cup nutritional yeast
Keywords: Tofu , breakfest , scramble
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…