Load up your sandwich with this gorgeous pea pesto spread, plant-based chicken, pine nuts, and arugula. Or spread generously on French loaf or ciabatta, add some grilled veggies, tomato, and red onion. This pesto is also perfect for an irresistible grilled cheese pesto sandwich using dairy-free cheese.
This is an easy and fresh sandwich spread, guaranteed to become a firm favorite! Also delicious on crackers, toast, veggies, or pasta. Peas add a delightful texture and a healthy helping of iron and fiber. Using defrosted frozen peas makes this option even more affordable and convenient.
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed (or 30 g)
- 1 cup cooked peas (or 130 g)
- ¼ cup walnuts (or 30 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth or almost smooth.
- Serve on crackers, toast, or veggies. Enjoy!
- You can use almonds or pine nuts instead of walnuts, and cilantro or mint instead of parsley.
- Instead of peas, you can use overnight-soaked mung beans, cooked for 15 minutes.
- If you enjoy a sweet and salty combination, try our Challah with date syrup, apples, and cinnamon with your pea pesto spread!
Keywords: appetizer, pea, spread, walnuts, quick, easy, under 15 minutes, breakfast, snack, side dish