Pea Pesto Spread
This alternative pesto is the easiest and most fresh spread you will ever taste. It’s guaranteed to become a favorite for old-time vegans and new Challenge 22 vegans alike! Perfect on crackers, toast, veggies or pasta, it will find its way onto everyone’s plate. Not signed up for the Challenge yet? Sign up here!
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth or almost smooth.
- Serve on crackers, toast or veggies and enjoy!
- Walnuts can be substituted with almonds or pine nuts, and parsley with cilantro or mint.
- Instead of peas, you can use mung beans that have been soaked in water overnight, and then cooked for about 15 minutes.
- The pesto can be served as a spread on bread or in a sandwich, or as a sauce for pasta or gnocchi.
More like this:
This recipe will easily become an all time favorite in everyone’s collection of recipes.
Who said lasagna couldn’t be vegan? With all the yummy flavors, veggies and lentils fill this tasty dish, along with a creamy French style Bechamel sauce that make it a dinner to die for.