Pea Pesto Spread
Pea Pesto Spread
- Active Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
Load up your sandwich with this gorgeous pea pesto spread, plant-based chicken, pine nuts, and arugula. Or spread generously on French loaf or ciabatta, add some grilled veggies, tomato, and red onion. This pesto is also perfect for an irresistible grilled cheese pesto sandwich using dairy-free cheese.
This is an easy and fresh sandwich spread, guaranteed to become a firm favorite! Also delicious on crackers, toast, veggies, or pasta. Peas add a delightful texture and a healthy helping of iron and fiber. Using defrosted frozen peas makes this option even more affordable and convenient.
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed (or 30 g)
- 1 cup cooked peas (or 130 g)
- ¼ cup walnuts (or 30 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth or almost smooth.
- Serve on crackers, toast, or veggies. Enjoy!
- You can use almonds or pine nuts instead of walnuts, and cilantro or mint instead of parsley.
- Instead of peas, you can use overnight-soaked mung beans, cooked for 15 minutes.
- If you enjoy a sweet and salty combination, try our Challah with date syrup, apples, and cinnamon with your pea pesto spread!
Keywords: appetizer, pea, spread, walnuts, quick, easy, under 15 minutes, breakfast, snack, side dish
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Are you looking for an easy, nutritious breakfast? Try this tahini oatmeal! (Or make your porridge with peanut butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter you like!)
This breakfast (or snack at any time of day!) is full of natural, nourishing ingredients and goodness to keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart
A smooth and delicious, no-bake vegan chocolate tart. Made without refined sugar and with the goodness of walnuts, almonds, flaxseed, and dates, this is a healthier choice for a sweet treat!
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew with Dark Chocolate
A mouth-watering stew that will leave your home filled with fragrance and warmth. Packed with protein and fiber, nourishing and satisfying.
Add the dark chocolate in this recipe and you’ve got a classic, aromatic stew full of rich, interesting flavors that’s sure to please the tastebuds.