Pea Pesto Spread
This alternative pesto is the easiest and most fresh spread you will ever taste. It’s guaranteed to become a favorite for old-time vegans and new Challenge 22 vegans alike! Perfect on crackers, toast, veggies or pasta, it will find its way onto everyone’s plate. Not signed up for the Challenge yet? Sign up here!
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth or almost smooth.
- Serve on crackers, toast or veggies and enjoy!
- Walnuts can be substituted with almonds or pine nuts, and parsley with cilantro or mint.
- Instead of peas, you can use mung beans that have been soaked in water overnight, and then cooked for about 15 minutes.
- The pesto can be served as a spread on bread or in a sandwich, or as a sauce for pasta or gnocchi.
More like this:
This classic comfort food is absolutely ten times better now that it’s vegan! This dish will have you making it a staple meal for lunch and dinner, and even adding your own twist of different veggies and spices
Serve this tempting Apple Cake fresh out of the oven with a large scoop of your favorite ice cream for a twist on the classic serving of apple crumble with soft serve vanilla ice cream.