Pea Pesto Spread
This alternative pesto is the easiest and most fresh spread you will ever taste. It’s guaranteed to become a favorite for old-time vegans and new Challenge 22 vegans alike! Perfect on crackers, toast, veggies or pasta, it will find its way onto everyone’s plate. Not signed up for the Challenge yet? Sign up here!
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth or almost smooth.
- Serve on crackers, toast or veggies and enjoy!
- Walnuts can be substituted with almonds or pine nuts, and parsley with cilantro or mint.
- Instead of peas, you can use mung beans that have been soaked in water overnight, and then cooked for about 15 minutes.
- The pesto can be served as a spread on bread or in a sandwich, or as a sauce for pasta or gnocchi.
More like this:
This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Mexican chili, using unique flavors that compliment each other to perfection, pleasing the taste-buds and satisfying the stomach. You won’t want to miss out!
This spread is the perfect snack or appetizer for any occasion and will have everyone asking for the recipe!
Oatmeal can be the most interesting and diverse morning meal, eaten cold or hot, with fresh or dried fruit, nuts, spices, nut butters, maple syrup or whatever your heart desires!