The Best Vegan Oatmeal
Oatmeal can be the most interesting and diverse morning meal, eaten cold or hot, with fresh or dried fruit, nuts, spices, nut butters, maple syrup or whatever your heart desires! It is also extremely healthy and had been known to lower cholesterol. Let us know in the Challenge Group what your favorite toppings are!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (brown is better)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Handful of raisins
- 1 Banana, chopped into cubes
- In a small saucepan, cook the oats with the water and soy milk on a medium flame for 10 minutes, stirring so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add sugar, bananas and raisins, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon, and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Serve in a deep plate.
- The oatmeal can also be made in the microwave: combine all the ingredients except the banana in a bowl, and microwave at medium heat for 3 minutes. Mix well, add the banana and microwave for another 2 minutes. Check occasionally to make sure the oatmeal doesn’t spill over.
- Dieters can make savory oatmeal – leave out the sugar, fruit and cinnamon, and add salt to the oats and water mixture (we recommend adding some nuts to enrich the flavor).
- The sugar can be replaced with maple syrup or applesauce.
- Other fruits such as apple, peach, pear or any seasonal fruits can substitute or be added to the banana.
- We recommend adding chopped nuts, coconut or chia seeds (for omega-3).
Keywords: Oatmeal, vegan, vegan desserts
More like this:
This classic comfort food is absolutely ten times better now that it’s vegan! This dish will have you making it a staple meal for lunch and dinner, and even adding your own twist of different veggies and spices
Serve this tempting Apple Cake fresh out of the oven with a large scoop of your favorite ice cream for a twist on the classic serving of apple crumble with soft serve vanilla ice cream.