No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
A smooth and delicious, no-bake vegan chocolate tart. Made without refined sugar and with the goodness of walnuts, almonds, flaxseed, and dates, this is a healthier choice for a sweet treat!
- 80g walnuts (or 2.8 oz.)
- 50g almonds (or 1.7 oz.)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 110g pitted dates (or 3.8 oz.)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 200g dark chocolate (or 7 oz.)
- Sweetener as required
- Berries and/or slivered almonds (optional)
- Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours, or preferably overnight. This will separate the coconut cream from the coconut water.
- Blend together walnuts, almonds and ground flax.
- Add the dates and peanut butter and blend again until you have a uniform mixture.
- Line your dish with baking paper so that you can easily remove the tart after it has set.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your dish.
- Heat your coconut cream. (This is the thick part that has separated after chilling. Save the thinner coconut water for another recipe!)
- Remove from the heat and melt the chocolate in it. If you use chocolate with 70% cocoa or more, add a little sweetener: 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar or agave syrup. We used plain cooking chocolate so there was no need for any extra sweetness.
- Mix in your peanut butter or other nut butter (hazelnut butter is also delicious here)!
- Pour on top of the first layer, and tap the dish a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- If you like, add some berries or slivered almonds/other nuts on top.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1-2 hours to set.
- Slice and serve!
Keywords: No-bake, Chocolate, Dairy-free, Dessert, Flaxseed, Healthier choices
To get more delicious recipes and support from friendly mentors and registered dietitians, try our free plant-based Challenge!
More like this:
Are you looking for an easy, nutritious breakfast? Try this tahini oatmeal! (Or make your porridge with peanut butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter you like!)
This breakfast (or snack at any time of day!) is full of natural, nourishing ingredients and goodness to keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew with Dark Chocolate
A mouth-watering stew that will leave your home filled with fragrance and warmth. Packed with protein and fiber, nourishing and satisfying.
Add the dark chocolate in this recipe and you’ve got a classic, aromatic stew full of rich, interesting flavors that’s sure to please the tastebuds.
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.