No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart
A smooth and delicious, no-bake vegan chocolate tart. Made without refined sugar and with the goodness of walnuts, almonds, flaxseed, and dates, this is a healthier choice for a sweet treat!
- 80g walnuts (or 2.8 oz.)
- 50g almonds (or 1.7 oz.)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 110g pitted dates (or 3.8 oz.)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 200g dark chocolate (or 7 oz.)
- Sweetener as required
- Berries and/or slivered almonds (optional)
- Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours, or preferably overnight. This will separate the coconut cream from the coconut water.
- Blend together walnuts, almonds and ground flax.
- Add the dates and peanut butter and blend again until you have a uniform mixture.
- Line your dish with baking paper so that you can easily remove the tart after it has set.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your dish.
- Heat your coconut cream. (This is the thick part that has separated after chilling. Save the thinner coconut water for another recipe!)
- Remove from the heat and melt the chocolate in it. If you use chocolate with 70% cocoa or more, add a little sweetener: 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar or agave syrup. We used plain cooking chocolate so there was no need for any extra sweetness.
- Mix in your peanut butter or other nut butter (hazelnut butter is also delicious here)!
- Pour on top of the first layer, and tap the dish a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- If you like, add some berries or slivered almonds/other nuts on top.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1-2 hours to set.
- Slice and serve!
Keywords: No-bake, Chocolate, Dairy-free, Dessert, Flaxseed, Healthier choices
To get more delicious recipes and support from friendly mentors and registered dietitians, try our free plant-based Challenge!
More like this:
A simple, gorgeous sushi bowl with teriyaki tofu to make weeknight dinners quick and easy! It won’t take you long to put together this nourishing, colorful plant-based meal!
Looking to give vegetables center-stage at your dinner table? This is a great example of how to elevate a simple veggie with a few ingredients, promoting it from a side dish to a juicy, delicious show-stopper.
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!