Miso Sesame Glazed Eggplant
If eggplant or aubergine is one of those vegetables that you have a hard time loving, give this recipe a go! Perfect for baking in the oven at home, or for grilling on the barbecue, this eggplant is packed with flavor and a real crowd-pleaser.
Looking to give vegetables center-stage on your dinner table? This is a great example of how to elevate a simple veggie with a few ingredients, promoting it from a side dish to a juicy, delicious show-stopper.
- 1 large eggplant/aubergine
- 1 heaped tbsp of miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp date, agave or maple syrup, coconut sugar or another sweetener
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1–2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- Chopped scallions/spring onions, to serve (optional)
- First, cut your eggplant in half.
- Carefully cut a diamond pattern into the flesh of each half, keeping your knife upright so you don’t cut through the skin of the eggplant. Do this by scoring deep diagonal lines across the inside of the eggplant with your knife, and then turn it around to cut again and create a diamond pattern.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Spread the marinade over each eggplant half. Gently move the squares around with your fingers to help the marinade coat everywhere evenly.
- Put the eggplant on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-30 minutes at 200°C (390°F).
More like this:
A simple, gorgeous sushi bowl with teriyaki tofu to make weeknight dinners quick and easy! It won’t take you long to put together this nourishing, colorful plant-based meal!
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!
Home made vegan soft serve ice-cream with no bananas, no cashews and no coconut cream. And it’s a beautiful, trending Barbie pink! Use just 3 simple ingredients to get creamy, smooth raspberry ice-cream that’s dairy-free, affordable, and totally vegan!