Offer your tastebuds the chance to be delighted by this Mexican egg-style tempeh. It’s spicy, it’s flavourful and it’s probably going to become a new favorite meal of yours! It’s a quick recipe that is delicious as breakfast, lunch, or dinner, so you can devour it at any time of the day. Not a fan of tempeh? You can successfully replace it with a block of tofu for a friendlier result.
By the way, have you signed up for the Challenge yet?
- ⅓ cup diced onions (or 17 g)
- 8 oz (or 250 g) tempeh, sliced
- ⅓ cup black beans or pinto beans (or 57 g)
- ⅓ cup corn (or 54 g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder (add more if you want it spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cilantro, chopped roughly (optional)
- 3 tbsp salsa
- Fry the diced onions on medium-low heat.
- As they soften, add the tempeh, then switch to medium-high heat.
- Season with salt, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and garlic.
- Add the black beans or pinto beans.
- Add the corn.
- Top with chopped cilantro and salsa.
- You can switch the tempeh for tofu or seitan if you prefer.
- Go all out with our delicious Guacamole Tortillas!
Keywords: Tempeh, tofu, soy, omelet, breakfast, lunch, dinner, main dish, easy, quick, under 15 minutes