Mexican Egg-Style Tempeh
No need to miss eggs in this Mexican style recipe! Enjoy this dish for a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner and let us know on the Challenge 22 Facebook page when your favorite time becomes to devour your whole serving is! By the way, have you signed up for the Challenge yet?
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 8 oz (250 gr) of tempeh, sliced
- 1/3 cup black beans or pinto beans
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder (add more if you want it spicy)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Cilantro, chopped roughly (optional)
- 3 tbsp of salsa
- Fry the diced onions on medium-low heat.
- As they soften, add the tempeh and switch to medium-high heat.
- Season with the salt, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, garlic.
- Add the black beans or pinto beans.
- Add the corn.
- Top with chopped cilantro and salsa.
- You can switch the tempeh for tofu or seitan if you prefer.
Keywords: Tempeh, tofu
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
The Samosa is a dish consumed as a snack in South Asian cuisine, and especially in Indian, Nepali and Pakistani cuisine. Get a recipe for our version of Indian samosa, so you can snack as much as you like!
Spinach and Tofu Lasagna is a great take on the classic Italian lasagna dish!
Best served with a good glass of white wine.