Mexican Egg-Style Tempeh
No need to miss eggs in this Mexican style recipe! Enjoy this dish for a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner and let us know on the Challenge 22 Facebook page when your favorite time becomes to devour your whole serving is! By the way, have you signed up for the Challenge yet?
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 8 oz (250 gr) of tempeh, sliced
- 1/3 cup black beans or pinto beans
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder (add more if you want it spicy)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Cilantro, chopped roughly (optional)
- 3 tbsp of salsa
- Fry the diced onions on medium-low heat.
- As they soften, add the tempeh and switch to medium-high heat.
- Season with the salt, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, garlic.
- Add the black beans or pinto beans.
- Add the corn.
- Top with chopped cilantro and salsa.
- You can switch the tempeh for tofu or seitan if you prefer.
Keywords: Tempeh, tofu
More like this:
Looking for a classic comfort food made vegan? Search no further!
These wholesome meatless meatballs are the perfect addition to any savory meal, including pasta dishes, served with rice and veggies or even sliced and topped on pizza.