Mexican Bean, Corn and Pumpkin Chili
This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Mexican chili, using unique flavors that compliment each other to perfection, pleasing the taste-buds and satisfying the stomach. You won’t want to miss out! More of a curry person? Try our Indian Pea, Vegetable and Cashew Curry for a whole new explosion of flavor.
- 1 onion
- 14 oz pumpkin (or 400 g)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked red beans
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Parsley / cilantro
- Chop the onion; chop the pumpkin into cubes and fry in a deep frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and corn, season with salt, paprika and cumin.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes in a covered pot; uncover and cook for 5 more minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve with small cubes of avocado and parsley or cilantro.
- Pumpkin can be replaced with carrots or butternut squash.
- The red beans can be replaced with black beans.
- The chili can be served in a burrito or in a roasted sweet potato.
Keywords: bean, veganisem, chili, plant-based
More like this:
Get ready for a taste of heaven with this chocolatey goodness with a divine peanut butter and maple frosting. Anyone would ditch a peanut butter cup for a slice of this cake.
This protein filled meal is so simple and easy to make, you’ll want to serve it all the time! Pack the kebabs for lunch or make them for your next backyard barbeque.
Our Chinesse Style Tempeh is probably the most satisfying dish you will ever cross paths with. Served with rice and crisp, fresh vegetables, you can’t go wrong with this plate anytime.