Tex-Mex Bean, Corn and Pumpkin Chili
This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Tex-Mex chili! It uses unique flavors that complement each other to perfection, tantalizing the taste buds and leaving you nice and full. Sweet corn, fragrant pumpkin, and meaty red beans come together to create this colorful and hearty chili. Preferably served in a burrito with guac, salsa, and vegan sour cream. It’s absolute perfection!
To mix it up a little, dollop this yummy chili onto a roasted sweet potato. Make it even more delicious with some vegan ranch, diced cherry tomatoes, red onions, or whatever your heart desires! More of a curry person? Tuck into our Indian Pea, Vegetable, and Cashew Curry for an explosion of beautiful Indian flavors.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz pumpkin (or 400 g)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups corn kernels (or 330 g)
- 2 cups cooked red beans (or 510 g)
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Parsley or cilantro, to taste
- Chop the onion and cook in a bit of oil.
- Chop the pumpkin into cubes, and fry in a deep frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and corn, season with salt, paprika, and cumin.
- Chop the tomatoes, and add them to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes in a covered pot.
- Uncover your pot and cook for 5 more minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve with small cubes of avocado, and parsley or cilantro.
- Pumpkin can be replaced with carrots, sweet potatoes, or butternut squash.
- You can use black beans instead of red ones.
Keywords: beans, chili, main dish, corn, pumpkin, 30 minutes or less
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.