Mexican Bean, Corn and Pumpkin Chili
This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Mexican chili, using unique flavors that compliment each other to perfection, pleasing the taste-buds and satisfying the stomach. You won’t want to miss out! More of a curry person? Try our Indian Pea, Vegetable and Cashew Curry for a whole new explosion of flavor.
- 1 onion
- 14 oz pumpkin (or 400 g)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked red beans
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Parsley / cilantro
- Chop the onion; chop the pumpkin into cubes and fry in a deep frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and corn, season with salt, paprika and cumin.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes in a covered pot; uncover and cook for 5 more minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve with small cubes of avocado and parsley or cilantro.
- Pumpkin can be replaced with carrots or butternut squash.
- The red beans can be replaced with black beans.
- The chili can be served in a burrito or in a roasted sweet potato.
Keywords: bean, veganisem, chili, plant-based
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…