Tex-Mex Bean, Corn and Pumpkin Chili
This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Tex-Mex chili! It uses unique flavors that complement each other to perfection, tantalizing the taste buds and leaving you nice and full. Sweet corn, fragrant pumpkin, and meaty red beans come together to create this colorful and hearty chili. Preferably served in a burrito with guac, salsa, and vegan sour cream. It’s absolute perfection!
To mix it up a little, dollop this yummy chili onto a roasted sweet potato. Make it even more delicious with some vegan ranch, diced cherry tomatoes, red onions, or whatever your heart desires! More of a curry person? Tuck into our Indian Pea, Vegetable, and Cashew Curry for an explosion of beautiful Indian flavors.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz pumpkin (or 400 g)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups corn kernels (or 330 g)
- 2 cups cooked red beans (or 510 g)
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Parsley or cilantro, to taste
- Chop the onion and cook in a bit of oil.
- Chop the pumpkin into cubes, and fry in a deep frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and corn, season with salt, paprika, and cumin.
- Chop the tomatoes, and add them to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes in a covered pot.
- Uncover your pot and cook for 5 more minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve with small cubes of avocado, and parsley or cilantro.
- Pumpkin can be replaced with carrots, sweet potatoes, or butternut squash.
- You can use black beans instead of red ones.
Keywords: beans, chili, main dish, corn, pumpkin, 30 minutes or less
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!
Home made vegan soft serve ice-cream with no bananas, no cashews and no coconut cream. And it’s a beautiful, trending Barbie pink! Use just 3 simple ingredients to get creamy, smooth raspberry ice-cream that’s dairy-free, affordable, and totally vegan!