Italian Minestrone Soup
Italian minestrone soup is delicious and quick to prepare. You can replace the vegetables according to what is in the house and add potatoes, cabbage or any other vegetable you like.
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 squash or zucchini (courgette)
- 1 white onion
- ¼ small white cabbage
- 150g of tomato paste
- 1 cup of vermicelli, or your favorite small pasta shape
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop the vegetables into 1 cm by 1 cm cubes and put them in a saucepan. Fill the pan with enough water to cover all of the vegetables.
- Cook over a low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic and pasta and stir for a minute.
- Add the olive oil.
- Continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, the brown sugar, the oregano to taste, and stir.
- Turn off the heat and leave the soup to simmer for about 10 more minutes.
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Guacamole tortillas can be snacked on at any meal – breakfast, lunch, or dinner – whether as a starter at a festive dinner or as a side dish at an everyday meal.
A hit among vegans and is often served for breakfast in cafes. A great source of protein and iron. One chickpea omelette for breakfast will keep you satisfied for a few hours!