Italian Minestrone Soup
Italian Minestrone Soup
- Active Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Italian
Mix and match your favorite vegetables to create your unique version of Italian minestrone soup. Swap green beans for zucchinis, throw in some peas, and make it your own! Use local and seasonal vegetables to make it even more affordable and more eco-friendly. Fill your bowl to the brim and savor it hot! It’s hearty, it’s hydrating and it will keep your belly full for hours.
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 squash or zucchini/courgette
- 1 white onion
- ¼ small white cabbage
- 150 g tomato paste (or ¾ cup)
- 150 g risoni, or your favorite small pasta shape (or 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop the vegetables into 1 cm by 1 cm cubes, and add them to a pot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover all the vegetables.
- Cook over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic, and pasta and stir for a minute.
- Add the olive oil.
- Continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, brown sugar, and oregano to taste, and stir.
- Turn off the heat and leave the soup to rest for 10 more minutes.
- In the mood for more winter soups? Try our Indian Lentil Soup or our delicious pumpkin soup
- Try our weekly plant-based meal plan for more great ideas!
Keywords: soup, veggies, minestrone, main dish, easy
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew with Dark Chocolate
A mouth-watering stew that will leave your home filled with fragrance and warmth. Packed with protein and fiber, nourishing and satisfying.
Add the dark chocolate in this recipe and you’ve got a classic, aromatic stew full of rich, interesting flavors that’s sure to please the tastebuds.
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Spicy Indian Red Cabbage
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!