This curry has the perfect balance of sweet and savory ingredients with sweet peas, creamy coconut milk, incredible curry spices, and crunchy cashews. You’ll fall in love with this recipe instantly! It’s best served on a bed of fluffy rice, so buy an easy microwaveable pouch of rice or start boiling the rice before you start preparing the curry. That way the rice will be cooked by the time you’ve finished prepping and cooking.
Play around with the vegetable combinations you use, try whatever veggies you have in the fridge, or use frozen for an easy, cheap option. This super simple and tasty recipe is so warming and comforting that you’re sure to fall head over heels for the gorgeous flavors and tasty, nutritious veggies. Ready to discover more scrummy vegan foods? Take the Challenge!
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 2 small zucchinis
- ½ of a small cauliflower head
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup boiling water (or 240 g)
- 1½ cups frozen peas (or 200 g)
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup unroasted cashews (or 105 g)
- ½ cup coconut milk (or 150 g)
- 1 cup cilantro or parsley leaves
- Slice the leek and the zucchini, cut cauliflower into small florets, and fry the vegetables for 3 minutes in a deep frying pan.
- Add a cup of boiling water, and cook uncovered on high heat for approximately 10 minutes, until most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the peas, spices, cashews, coconut milk, and cilantro, stir and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- The curry is best served on a bed of brown basmati rice.
- Onion can be used instead of leek.
- Peas can be replaced with cooked green lentils.
- The coconut milk can be replaced with 3.5 oz (¼ cup) of tomato paste
Keywords: curry, main dish, pea, easy, quick, 30 minutes or less