Indian Pea, Vegetable and Cashew Curry
This curry has the precise balance of sweet and savory ingredients, with sweet peas and creamy coconut milk to curry powder and cashews, you will fall in love instantly. Ready for fall in love with all vegan food? Sign up for Challenge 22 today!
- 1 leek
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 of a small cauliflower head
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1.5 cups peas
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup cashews (unroasted)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro / parsley leaves
- Slice the leek (white part only) and zucchini, cut cauliflower into small florets, and fry the vegetables for 3 minutes in a deep frying pan.
- Add a cup of boiling water and cook uncovered on a high flame for about 10 minutes, until most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the peas, spices, cashew, coconut milk and cilantro, stir and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- The curry is best served on a bed of brown basmati rice.
- Onion can be used instead of leek.
- Peas can be replaced with cooked green lentils.
- The coconut milk can be replaced with 3½ oz (¼ cup) of tomato paste.
More like this:
Looking for a classic comfort food made vegan? Search no further!
These wholesome meatless meatballs are the perfect addition to any savory meal, including pasta dishes, served with rice and veggies or even sliced and topped on pizza.