Homemade Vegetable Soup
Meet our go-to homemade vegetable soup! It’s tasty, it’s delicious and it will make you feel like home. Full of flavor and easy to make, vegetable soup can be the comforting pick-me-up that you need on a busy weeknight. Dress it up with chopped parsley, toasted bread, or a nice lemon wedge to squeeze and make it tangy!
- 1 large onion
- 1 large zucchini/courgette
- 1 large potato
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ cauliflower head
- 1 cup frozen peas (or 135 g)
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 4 celery stalks
- A bit of cooking oil
- Chop the onion, and sauté it in a pot in a little oil, until golden brown.
- Dice the zucchini, potato, and carrot, chop the cauliflower, add everything to the pan, and stir.
- Chop the celery, add it to the pan, and stir.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Continue to stir until all the vegetables have slightly softened.
- Add twice the volume of boiling water as there are vegetables, and simmer until all the vegetables are completely tender.
- Add the peas, and allow the soup to simmer for a few more minutes. Add the chopped parsley, add seasoning to taste, and serve.
- Another delicious soup is our pumpkin soup – so give it a taste!
- Make sure you check our weekly plant-based meal plan for other great ideas!
Keywords: main dish, soup, veggies, easy
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Whether you are on the lookout for an easy breakfast or a filling snack, these delicious guacamole tortillas are the perfect find.
Yes, you can still enjoy a nice omelet without breaking any eggs – this is where the versatile chickpea flour comes to the rescue.
Easy-to-make, aromatic, and filling, this basmati rice with dried fruit, pine nuts, and almonds works wonders as an addition to any festive dinner.