Homemade Vegetable Soup
Meet our go-to homemade vegetable soup! It’s tasty, it’s delicious and it will make you feel like home. Full of flavor and easy to make, vegetable soup can be the comforting pick-me-up that you need on a busy weeknight. Dress it up with chopped parsley, toasted bread, or a nice lemon wedge to squeeze and make it tangy!
- 1 large onion
- 1 large zucchini/courgette
- 1 large potato
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ cauliflower head
- 1 cup frozen peas (or 135 g)
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 4 celery stalks
- A bit of cooking oil
- Chop the onion, and sauté it in a pot in a little oil, until golden brown.
- Dice the zucchini, potato, and carrot, chop the cauliflower, add everything to the pan, and stir.
- Chop the celery, add it to the pan, and stir.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Continue to stir until all the vegetables have slightly softened.
- Add twice the volume of boiling water as there are vegetables, and simmer until all the vegetables are completely tender.
- Add the peas, and allow the soup to simmer for a few more minutes. Add the chopped parsley, add seasoning to taste, and serve.
- Another delicious soup is our pumpkin soup – so give it a taste!
- Make sure you check our weekly plant-based meal plan for other great ideas!
Keywords: main dish, soup, veggies, easy
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.