Guacamole tortillas can be snacked on at any meal – breakfast, lunch, or dinner – whether as a starter at a festive dinner or as a side dish at an everyday meal.
- 10 fresh tortillas
- 2 ripe medium-sized avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro (coriander)
- Salt to taste
- Tabasco, a little – or as much as you like!
- Cut the avocado lengthwise, pull out the stone and scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon.
- Cut the avocado into cubes. Do the same with the tomato, onion, garlic and the yellow pepper.
- Mix everything together in a bowl, and season with olive oil, cilantro, salt and Tabasco to taste.
- Heat the tortillas for a few seconds on each side in a hot (oil-free) pan, then spoon guacamole onto each tortilla, roll up into wraps, and enjoy!
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A hit among vegans and is often served for breakfast in cafes. A great source of protein and iron. One chickpea omelette for breakfast will keep you satisfied for a few hours!
As an addition to a festive dinner, a Sabbath feast or just dinner – this rice with the dried fruit will fancy-up your meal!
Emma Ben-David (78) from Ashkelon, Israel, switched to veganism several years ago, inspired by her daughter. She ‘veganised’ the traditional recipes from Indian and Iraqi cuisine and agreed to share with us all the secrets to a perfect Indian curry – and so we got this recipe for a traditional vegan Indian curry.