Fruitarian Ice Cream Cake
This divine fruity ice cream cake recipe might as well have been sent from heaven! You will fall in love with the sweet homemade ice cream, mixed with the fresh berries that balance the sugary layer with a little tartness. Since there’s no cooking involved, it’s also super simple to make. Enjoy with a tall glass of your favorite vegan milk or tea.
You’ll need dates for this recipe as they add a delicious natural sweetness. Medjool dates are best as they’re usually the sweetest, softest, and easiest to blend, but any dates will work well. If your dates aren’t very soft, soak them in water for an hour or even overnight to make them easier to blend – the longer you soak them for the better. This recipe is so easy that pretty much all you have to do is blend the ingredients then freeze the two cake layers. And then it’s bon appétit!
- 10 strawberries for decorating, cut in half
For the vanilla ice cream layer:
- 2 cups cashews (or 280 g)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup pitted dates (or 175 g)
- Seeds from ½ vanilla pod (or ½ teaspoons vanilla extract)
- Vegan milk or coconut water, as needed
For the berry layer:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (or 190 g)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or 150 g)
- 1 cup vegan milk or coconut water (or 250 g), use as needed
- 1 cup pitted dates (or 175), walnuts (or 120 g), or another banana
- Start with your first layer: place the halved strawberries around the edge of a springform pan. Set aside.
- Blend all the vanilla ice cream cake ingredients together until smooth, adding as little vegan milk or coconut water as possible. Spread on the bottom of the pan, pressing the berries to the. Put it in the freezer.
- Now it’s time to start on the berry layer: blend up all the ingredients, until smooth. Carefully spread on top of the vanilla ice cream cake layer, and put it in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hours, or until it’s set.
- Cut and serve with your favorite berries! Let it soften a little before eating because it makes the cake creamier.
Have you seen our vegan weekly meal plan?
Keywords: fruitarian, cake, raw, dessert, strawberry, ice cream, refined sugar free, gluten-free
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.