Crispy Tofu Schnitzel
Our Crispy Tofu Schnitzel will instantly become your newly preferred comfort food. This yummy dish is such a staple, soon you won’t be able to live without it! Love tofu? Don’t miss out of our Spicy Tofu Marinade recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 packets firm tofu, drained (or 10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Pour chilli sauce onto a large plate. Combine breadcrumbs and spices on a second plate.
- Cut each tofu block into 4 thick slices (you can also cut thinner but it might break); pat dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix the chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Coat the tofu slices in the chilli-soy mix, then cover in crumb mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Cook tofu, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until golden, adding more oil if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with rocket and tomato wedges.
- You can also use the BBQ marinade instead of the chilli for an extra smoky flavor.
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
The Samosa is a dish consumed as a snack in South Asian cuisine, and especially in Indian, Nepali and Pakistani cuisine. Get a recipe for our version of Indian samosa, so you can snack as much as you like!
Spinach and Tofu Lasagna is a great take on the classic Italian lasagna dish!
Best served with a good glass of white wine.