Crispy Tofu Schnitzel
Our Crispy Tofu Schnitzel will instantly become your newly preferred comfort food. This yummy dish is such a staple, soon you won’t be able to live without it! Love tofu? Don’t miss out of our Spicy Tofu Marinade recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 packets firm tofu, drained (or 10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Pour chilli sauce onto a large plate. Combine breadcrumbs and spices on a second plate.
- Cut each tofu block into 4 thick slices (you can also cut thinner but it might break); pat dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix the chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Coat the tofu slices in the chilli-soy mix, then cover in crumb mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Cook tofu, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until golden, adding more oil if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with rocket and tomato wedges.
- You can also use the BBQ marinade instead of the chilli for an extra smoky flavor.
More like this:
A great combination of taste, health and beauty: Swiss chard and peach salad!
Looking for a classic comfort food made vegan? Search no further!