Delicious pancakes with chewy cranberries, perfectly paired with maple syrup. These gorgeous, fluffy pancakes will have you coming back for more. Try experimenting with all your favorite fruits and toppings and find out what your ideal combination is. You can even lather some cheeky vegan chocolate spread on top of them for a decadent breakfast.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 120 g)
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1½ cups soy milk (or 360 g)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or 65 g)
- Oil for frying
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients into a smooth, uniform batter.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and pour a thin layer of batter into the pan using a ladle. The recipe should yield 6 large pancakes or 10 small ones.
- Fry each pancake for about 3 minutes on medium heat, until the pancake is covered in bubbles. Flip over, and fry for 2 more minutes before transferring to a plate.
- They go best with either maple or chocolate syrup!
- You can skip the cranberries, or substitute them with other berries (fresh or frozen), or even chocolate chips.
- Want an easier on-the-go breakfast? Try our effortless oatmeal recipe!
Keywords: cranberries, pancake, vegan, dessert, sweet, under 15 minutes, easy, breakfast
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A simple, gorgeous sushi bowl with teriyaki tofu to make weeknight dinners quick and easy! It won’t take you long to put together this nourishing, colorful plant-based meal!
Looking to give vegetables center-stage at your dinner table? This is a great example of how to elevate a simple veggie with a few ingredients, promoting it from a side dish to a juicy, delicious show-stopper.
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!