Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…
For the pastry
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of oil
For the filling
- 400g of broccoli
- 1 leek
- 300g tofu (small packet), cut into cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to medium heat (about 180°C, or 350°F ).
- Mix the ingredients for the pastry together, until you have a dough. Grease your quiche pan or dish, and press the dough up and around the sides.
- Separate the broccoli into small florets and steam with a little water for about 15 minutes until tender (if you use frozen broccoli, soak for 5 minutes in boiling water).
- Chop the leeks and fry for about 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Blend the broccoli with the rest of the filling ingredients in a food processor until well combined.
- Spread the quiche filling evenly over the dough, and bake for about 45 minutes. When ready, the top should be slightly soft, and it should get a little harder as it cools (if necessary, refrigerate for a few hours).
- The broccoli can be replaced with spinach, fresh or frozen – soak the spinach for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Try adding 3 tablespoons of chopped dill to the filling.
- Check out our weekly plant based meal plan for more tasty and kid friendly ideas!
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Dried peas, like other legumes, are a great source of protein and iron. This pea soup makes a cheap and simple meal, or even a great appetizer.
Italian minestrone soup is delicious and quick to prepare. You can replace the vegetables according to what is in the house and add potatoes, cabbage or any other vegetable you like.