Basmati Rice with Dried Fruit, Pine Nuts and Almonds
Easy-to-make, aromatic, and filling, this basmati rice with dried fruit, pine nuts, and almonds works wonders as an addition to any festive dinner. Or, if you are feeling fancy on a weeknight, it could be the perfect garnish to serve next to some seitan meatballs. Allow your senses to be surprised by these inviting scents and flavors, as you savor this delicious meal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice (or 210 g)
- 2 cups water (or 480g)
- 2 tbsp raisins (or 20g)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (or 16g)
- ½ cup blanched (peeled) almonds (or 45 g)
- A handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Fry the rice in a little oil on low heat for about a minute, then add two cups of water, and salt to taste. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts and almonds without oil in a skillet or frying pan.
- When the rice is ready, add all the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Cover and wait about 15 minutes before serving.
Find more cooking inspiration with our weekly plant-based meal plan!
Keywords: dinner, lunch, rice
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Whether you are on the lookout for an easy breakfast or a filling snack, these delicious guacamole tortillas are the perfect find.
Yes, you can still enjoy a nice omelet without breaking any eggs – this is where the versatile chickpea flour comes to the rescue.