What’s better than waking up to a stack of banana pancakes? With a perfect balance of sweet and nutty flavors, these fluffy pancakes will have you thinking of them all day long. Bananas are an absolute dream in vegan baking and funnily enough, when mashed they make an amazing egg replacer. They bind the ingredients together and make the pancakes lovely and moist, just like eggs!
Decorate them with pieces of fruit, chocolate syrup, peanut butter, homemade jam, or even dairy-free vanilla ice cream!
- 1 ripe banana
- 50 g peanut butter (or 1.7 oz)
- 100 g plain flour (or 3.5 oz)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 150 ml soy or almond milk (or 5 oz)
- 1 tbsp neutral tasting cooking oil
- Mash the banana in a bowl using a fork, and then mix in your peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and then gradually add the soy milk, and mix until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan greased with sunflower oil, then spoon the mixture into the pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start forming, and then flip with a spatula, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with the toppings your heart desires!
Want to try something new? Taste our Cranberry Pancakes next!
Keywords: pancakes, banana, breakfast, sweet, dessert, easy, 30 minutes or less, refined sugar free
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.