Asian Tempeh Marinade
The love for tempeh can be an acquired taste, but with this Asian-style marinade, you will fall in love with it in no time. Bursting with flavor and easy to make, this recipe is a must-try for sure. If tempeh is not your cup of tea, try tofu or seitan instead!
1 block of tempeh (250g, or 9 oz)
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp maple syrup or molasses
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp ginger root, peeled and minced
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- Slice the tempeh, and place it on an oven-safe dish that you can later cover with a lid.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk together.
- Pour the sauce over your tempeh, cover with the lid, and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, place the covered dish in a preheated oven (fan bake, 180 ̊C, or 350 ̊F), and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the lid, toss the tempeh to coat all its sides, then bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve as a balanced meal with a fresh salad with avocado, quinoa, or another whole grain.
- Make sure you check out our weekly vegan menu!
Keywords: tofu, tempeh, marinade, easy, soy, main dish
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A nourishing way to get dinner on the table in minutes! Vibrant lamb’s lettuce combines with almonds and cashews to create a creamy, oil-free, beautiful vegan green sauce. Also delicious drizzled over pasta, veggies, or whatever else your plant-based heart desires!
Home made vegan soft serve ice-cream with no bananas, no cashews and no coconut cream. And it’s a beautiful, trending Barbie pink! Use just 3 simple ingredients to get creamy, smooth raspberry ice-cream that’s dairy-free, affordable, and totally vegan!