Asian Tempeh Marinade
You can’t go wrong with this delicious mix of strong Asian flavors that marinate the tempah ever so perfectly. The ingredients also have great health benefits, such as ginger that is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Enjoy this dish all year around and don’t forget to sign up for Challenge 22 today!
- 1 block of tempeh 250g (or 9 oz)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup/molasses
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 heaped tablespoon of ginger root peeled and minced
- Stalk of one lemongrass white part only, finely chopped
- Slice tempeh and place in oven-proof dish with a lid.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour over tempeh, cover with lid, and place in fridge to marinate from 2 to 8 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, place covered dish in a preheated oven (fan bake, 180 ̊C/350 ̊F) and bake for 20 minutes. Remove lid, toss tempeh to coat all sides, then bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve as a balanced meal with fresh salad and avocado, quinoa or other whole grain, can be also used as a sub in tofu recipes or seitan
- This marined works great with seitan or tofu instead of tamphe
Keywords: tofu, plant based, temphe
More like this:
This classic comfort food is absolutely ten times better now that it’s vegan! This dish will have you making it a staple meal for lunch and dinner, and even adding your own twist of different veggies and spices
Serve this tempting Apple Cake fresh out of the oven with a large scoop of your favorite ice cream for a twist on the classic serving of apple crumble with soft serve vanilla ice cream.