Asian Tempeh Marinade
The love for tempeh can be an acquired taste, but with this Asian-style marinade, you will fall in love with it in no time. Bursting with flavor and easy to make, this recipe is a must-try for sure. If tempeh is not your cup of tea, try tofu or seitan instead!
1 block of tempeh (250g, or 9 oz)
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp maple syrup or molasses
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp ginger root, peeled and minced
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- Slice the tempeh, and place it on an oven-safe dish that you can later cover with a lid.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk together.
- Pour the sauce over your tempeh, cover with the lid, and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, place the covered dish in a preheated oven (fan bake, 180 ̊C, or 350 ̊F), and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the lid, toss the tempeh to coat all its sides, then bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve as a balanced meal with a fresh salad with avocado, quinoa, or another whole grain.
- Make sure you check out our weekly vegan menu!
Keywords: tofu, tempeh, marinade, easy, soy, main dish
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.