One of the most popular spaghetti dishes, but made vegan! Easy to make and delicious, we can guarantee it will become a staple meal for lunch and dinner. Vegan bolognese is an incredibly easy, cheap, and filling meal. Most importantly, it’s also a bowl of deliciousness!
You can easily add your own twist and make it fit you best. You can even ditch the tomato paste, and use juicy fresh tomatoes for a homemade experience. Try to roast them before pureeing them into a sauce – we promise it will be the best tomato sauce you ever had.
- 500 g spaghetti, dry (preferably whole wheat)
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried or 1 bunch of fresh oregano or basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup soya granules TVP
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3.5 oz (¼ cup or 100 g) tomato paste
- Cook your spaghetti according to instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and garlic. Fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Chop the tomatoes, add to the pan, stir and fry for another 3 minutes. Add spices to the pan and stir for half a minute.
- Add soy granules, tomato paste, and a cup of boiling water, and stir for another few minutes, until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour your sauce over each plate of spaghetti.
- You can replace the TVP with a minced meat substitute, or with cooked black lentils (you will need to add less water).
- The Bolognese sauce can also be used to make meatballs. Use only half a cup of water and add a cup of breadcrumbs after cooking. Stir, form into patties and fry until browned on each side.
Keywords: main dish, pasta, spaghetti, Bolognese, easy, 30 minutes or less, tvp
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Just wait until you get a taste of this refreshing mango sauce – you are going to want to pour it over anything sweet! This is luscious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, and the fact that it is so easy to make it’s such a nice bonus.
Our Spicy Indian Red Cabbage recipe is delicious beyond belief! It is inspired by one of the most flavorful cuisines, which also happens to be one of the most vegan-friendly ones!
These Spicy Vegan Drumsticks are really easy to make, all you need are some frozen vegan ‘chicken’ drumsticks and lots of spices for a truly finger-licking experience. They go really well with oven-baked potato wedges, rice, and veggies, or you can go all out with some classic French fries.