This classic comfort food is absolutely ten times better now that it’s vegan! This dish will have you making it a staple meal for lunch and dinner, and even adding your own twist of different veggies and spices. Let us know what you think on our Challenge 22 group page!
- 1 package of spaghetti – whole wheat recommended
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried or 1 bunch fresh oregano/basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup soya chunks (TVP)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3½ oz (¼ cup) tomato paste
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and garlic. Fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Chop the tomatoes, add to the pan, stir and fry for another 3 minutes. Add spices to the pan and stir for half a minute.
- Add soy granules, tomato paste and a cup of boiling water and stir for another few minutes until mixture is combined well.
- Pour sauce over each plate of spaghetti.
- The TVP can either be replaced with minced meat substitute, or with cooked black lentils (and add less water).
- The Bolognese sauce can also be used to make meatballs. Use only half a cup of water and add a cup of breadcrumbs after cooking. Stir, form into patties and fry until browned on each side.
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
A delicious and quick recipe for zucchini fritters that remind us of home. Made from healthy and available ingredients.
Broccoli quiche is so easy to make and delicious that it will upgrade any meal you prepare for a festive day. This pie is satisfying, full of calcium and protein, and even kids love it! All that remains is to prepare and lick your fingers…