One of the most popular spaghetti dishes, but made vegan! Easy to make and delicious, we can guarantee it will become a staple meal for lunch and dinner. Vegan bolognese is an incredibly easy, cheap, and filling meal. Most importantly, it’s also a bowl of deliciousness!
You can easily add your own twist and make it fit you best. You can even ditch the tomato paste, and use juicy fresh tomatoes for a homemade experience. Try to roast them before pureeing them into a sauce – we promise it will be the best tomato sauce you ever had.
- 500 g spaghetti, dry (preferably whole wheat)
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried or 1 bunch of fresh oregano or basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup soya granules TVP
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3.5 oz (¼ cup or 100 g) tomato paste
- Cook your spaghetti according to instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and garlic. Fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Chop the tomatoes, add to the pan, stir and fry for another 3 minutes. Add spices to the pan and stir for half a minute.
- Add soy granules, tomato paste, and a cup of boiling water, and stir for another few minutes, until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour your sauce over each plate of spaghetti.
- You can replace the TVP with a minced meat substitute, or with cooked black lentils (you will need to add less water).
- The Bolognese sauce can also be used to make meatballs. Use only half a cup of water and add a cup of breadcrumbs after cooking. Stir, form into patties and fry until browned on each side.
Keywords: main dish, pasta, spaghetti, Bolognese, easy, 30 minutes or less, tvp
For more recipes and tips from experienced mentors and certified dietitians, join Challenge 22 for free!
More like this:
Prepare big plates for this one, because you are going to fall in love with it! This is a finger-licking delicious vegan version of the popular Middle Eastern food, Shakshuka. It is a great choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, so have it whenever you are feeling peckish.
Whether you are on the lookout for an easy breakfast or a filling snack, these delicious guacamole tortillas are the perfect find.