Fried Rice with Crispy Tofu
This easy Asian-style tofu stir fry makes for a perfectly fulfilling lunch or dinner! This popular dish is bursting with traditional flavors from hoisin and soy sauce. Add more of your favorite vegetables and spices to personalize this dish and fall in love with it even more!
- 1 block extra firm tofu , drained and cut to 1/2” (1.5cm) pieces (or 16 ounces)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked rice (preferably cold or at least cool)
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups frozen veggies
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soyteriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Spread the tofu. Cook until the bottom turns golden. Gently shake the pan and flip to cook the other sides, until most sides of the tofu turn golden. Transfer the tofu to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, the cooked rice, green onion, and garlic into the same pan. Cook and chop to separate rice into grains, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen veggies. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes to let thaw.
- Add back the cooked tofu. Add the hoisin sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce is mixed evenly. Remove the pan from the stove and taste the rice. To adjust the seasoning, sprinkle a bit more salt and mix everything together, if needed. Transfer everything to a serving plate.
- you can also use seitan instead of tofu for a more protein packed meal
More like this:
Looking for a classic comfort food made vegan? Search no further!
These wholesome meatless meatballs are the perfect addition to any savory meal, including pasta dishes, served with rice and veggies or even sliced and topped on pizza.
This classic comfort food is absolutely ten times better now that it’s vegan! This dish will have you making it a staple meal for lunch and dinner, and even adding your own twist of different veggies and spices