This is the most satisfying, hearty vegan burger you can get your hands on. Try it in a soft burger bun with ketchup, melty vegan cheese slices, crunchy iceberg lettuce, or whatever you prefer. Feel like treating yourself? Try some caramelized onion, roasted pepper, or quick-pickled radishes.
This recipe is perfect if you miss the taste of meat but don’t want to harm any animals. It’s a win-win situation! This juicy Vegan Hamburger is perfect for a sunny day with a BBQ or just to cook in a pan for a nice treat. Enjoy!
1 cup textured vegetable protein/TVP, small flakes (or 100 g)
2 cups boiling water (or 740 g)
½ cup tomato paste (or 100 g)
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 large onion
1½ cups breadcrumbs (or 160 g)
- Soak the TVP in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the TVP, wait for it to cool slightly, and then squeeze it with your hands.
- In a bowl, mix the TVP with 2 cups of boiling water, tomato paste, and spices.
- Chop the onion and fry until golden.
- Add the soy mixture to the pan, stir and fry for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the bread crumbs, and mix.
- After a few minutes, when the mixture cools slightly, form patties, and fry in a pan on both sides.
You can make them in batches and freeze the uncooked patties until you need them.
You can use oat flour instead of breadcrumbs.
In the mood for dessert? Try our Heavenly Chocolate Cake!
Keywords: soy, vegan, burger