Our deliciously crispy tofu schnitzel is a great new take on tofu, or an easy introduction to this healthy plant protein if you’re new to tofu as an ingredient. You’ll love it!
Drizzle with tomato ketchup, BBQ, or sweet chili sauce, or dip your schnitzel right in there for extra dunkiness! To add a little something extra to this dish, serve with fries or a vegan potato salad smothered in yummy plant-based mayo.
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce (or 75 g)
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (or 50 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 packets firm tofu, drained (or 10 oz, or 283 g)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- On a plate combine the breadcrumbs and dry spices.
- Cut each tofu block into 4 thick slices, and pat them dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix the chili sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Coat the tofu slices in the chili-soy mix, then cover in crumb mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Cook your tofu for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden, adding more oil if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a rocket and tomato salad.
Keywords: tofu, main dish, schnitzel, quick, easy, dinner, lunch, under 15 minutes