Serve this tempting Apple Cake fresh out of the oven with a large scoop of your favorite ice cream for a twist on the classic serving of apple crumble with soft serve vanilla ice cream. This beloved dessert will have your mouth watering as you watch the cake rise and turn golden in the oven. In the meantime, why not distract yourself by signing up for Challenge 22!
- 1 large apple
- 1½ cups flour (or 200 g)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar (or 150 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup soy milk (or 250 g)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup oil (or 72 g)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or another type of vinegar)
- A few teaspoons of sugar
- A dash of cinnamon
- Heat your oven to 360°F (180°C)
- Peel the apple, and cut it into small cubes (no larger than 0.4 in x 0.2 in, or 1 cm x 0.5 cm, otherwise the cubes will sink to the bottom of the cake).
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon, then mix thoroughly.
- Add soy milk, vanilla extract, and oil, then mix until the flour is almost completely integrated.
- Add vinegar, and mix until the batter becomes lighter and expands slightly.
- Add the apple cubes, and stir them into the batter.
- Immediately transfer to a greased pan, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top turns golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: apple, cake, cinnamon, easy, dessert, sweet, breakfast