This hearty dish is the ultimate spin on Mexican chili, using unique flavors that compliment each other to perfection, pleasing the taste-buds and satisfying the stomach. You won’t want to miss out! More of a curry person? Try our Indian Pea, Vegetable and Cashew Curry for a whole new explosion of flavor.
- 1 onion
- 14 oz pumpkin (or 400 g)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked red beans
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Parsley / cilantro
- Chop the onion; chop the pumpkin into cubes and fry in a deep frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and corn, season with salt, paprika and cumin.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes in a covered pot; uncover and cook for 5 more minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve with small cubes of avocado and parsley or cilantro.
- Pumpkin can be replaced with carrots or butternut squash.
- The red beans can be replaced with black beans.
- The chili can be served in a burrito or in a roasted sweet potato.
Keywords: bean, veganisem, chili, plant-based